Sunday, August 12, 2012

What Would Be Your Dream Vaction?

Like John Lennon, I am a dreamer and I'm betting that I'm not the only one . . . I'm betting you're a dreamer too.  It really is a big wide wonderful world that we live in and I for one want to experience as much of it as I can. But I don't just want to see it in my dreams. I want my dreams to become my reality. I think you feel the same way.

Over the years many of my travel dreams have come true. I've seen the Great Southland (Australia) with its magnificent beaches, wonderful cities, awe inspiring scenery and its wonderfully refreshing people. I've stood on the Athenian Acropolis and pondered the ages past; I 've walked the streets of the ancient city of Ephesus and relieved the ministry of the great Apostle Paul; I've overlooked Jerusalem and contemplated the life of Christ; I've climbed the Mayan Pyramids and stood in the temples of Luxor and at the foot of the Egyptian Pyramids. I have enjoyed the amenities of cruising the seas and the all-inclusive resorts. From Fiji to Jamaica I have been to the islands.

I could almost say with Johnny Cash:

"I've been everywhere, man.
I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed the Mountain air, man. 
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere."

No, I have not been anywhere near everywhere. The truth is with all the places I've been there are still plenty of places I'd like to experience.

For me, each and every one of these trips began as a dream and dreams don't just come true. You have to make them come true. Had you asked me as a young man if I'd have traveled the world the way I have I'd have said, "You gotta be kidding me!"  I could never afford to do anything like that. And yet I did and so can you.

 So, where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? Be sure and share your dream vacation in the comments section below. I'd love to hear about your dream vacation.

Because of my on experience over a lifetime of traveling I believe your dream vacation can come true. It can come true but it will not come true unless you take some steps to make it happen. To that end I encourage you to find and use a travel consultant in whom you have confidence. Don't have one then we will be happy to help. You can visit our website at Texas Cruise and Travel or contact us via email. Regardless, find a Travel Consultant you trust and build a good working relationship with them. They will do you good.

Once you have selected a consultant share with them your dream vacation and work with them to plan it. These folks know travel and they can help you in ways you cannot begin to imagine. So whether its a cruise or a journey to a far away place; whether its an all-inclusive getaway or a trip back in time your travel consultant can show you how to make it happen.

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard folks say,"If money were no object I would go to . . . . (you fill in the blank). Or, they would say, "I'd love to go to (again you fill in the blank) if it were not so expensive, or so far away, or so something or other.

If finances are an issue, start planning for the cost now. I suggest establishing a dedicated "vacation fund" at your local bank or credit union. Put money in that account regularly on a predetermined schedule. The amount deposited isn't as important as the regularity of deposits. We did this years ago and still use it today for all our travel. Once its up and running you'll be surprised how quickly you can cover the cost of just about any trip.

"You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one I hope some day you'll join us." So, why don't you stop dreaming and start experiencing this wonderful world in which we live.  

No comments:

Post a Comment